Routerportal.com is simply a web address that acts as a gateway for several routers. Each Netgear router has its own IP address that is used to set it up and for further changes. But it is difficult to remember the IP addresses. So, Netgear Company provides Domain Names that automatically redirect you to the respective IP address depending upon the model of the router. For setup of the Netgear router, you will have to type Routerportal.com in the address bar and you will land on the Netgear Router Login page. After the opening of this page, the setup process begins. You just have to follow the on-screen instructions to finish the setup process. You will have the below-mentioned things in the box of the router when you purchase one from the market.
- A wireless router
- An Ethernet cable (preferably of blue color)
- A Power Adapter
- Support and warranty information cards
- Resource CD
If any of the parts mentioned above are not there in the box then immediately contact the Netgear dealer. Either he will give you that particular part or give you a new router. You will find the serial number, status lights, port connectors, and default credentials that are username and password on the product label at the back of the router. On the front of the router, you will have the power light, Internet status light, wireless lights, and LAN status lights. At the back of the router, you will see the four local Ethernet ports, an Internet port, a Power adapter port, and a factory default reset button. This is about the physical appearance of the router. If we talk about the setup of the router, you will have to access Routerportal.com.
What will you need in advance before the setup of the router?
- An Internet connection Configuration information
This information will be provided to you by your Internet Service Provider. The information includes Domain Name Server addresses, Fixed IP address also called as static IP address, host and domain names and internet login name and password. If you do not have any of the information given above then you can contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Use the same computer in case of cable modem service to set up the router that you have used to set up the Internet Service.
Setting up your router
There are two methods to setup the router. The first one is by using the Smart Wizard and the second one is Manual Setup.
- Smart Wizard Setup: this one is the easiest method as most of the things, in this case, are automated. It asks you to perform only those steps in which there are some sort of selection. The only condition to perform the setup though this method you must have a personal computer running Microsoft Windows Operating system.
- Manual Setup: this method is the best when you have some technical knowledge about the routers. See the steps below to do perform the manual setup.
Smart Wizard Setup
Follow the steps given below to set up the router by this method:
Take out the resource CD that comes with the router. Insert it in the DVD/CD drive of your personal computer. The language you are using on your personal computer is automatically detected by the CD. Accept the same or you have the option to change the language.
Click next to continue and click on Setup to start the assistant of the Smart Wizard. Just follow the on-screen instructions to finish the setup of the router.
Follow the steps mentioned below:
Connect the router to the cable modem and connect your computer to the router. For successful completion of this step, make sure that your computer can automatically get its TCP/IP settings from the router through DHCP.
Change the settings of the router so that it can use your Internet Service.
How to connect your wireless router?
In the first step, you will make a connection between your wireless router, the personal computer, and the modem.
- Log out from your computer and also switch off your modem and plug out the cable from the socket. Find the Ethernet cable that is connected to your computer and modem.
- Take out that end of the Ethernet cable which is connected to your computer.
- Insert the Ethernet cable end from your modem into the router’s Internet port.
- Take out the blue Ethernet cable from the router box.
- Insert one end of the cable into the LAN port on the router and another end into the Ethernet port of the desktop.
Start your network. The sequence in which you have to start the network is given below.
- -> Plug in the modem firstly and turn it on. Wait for two minutes.
- -> Now put the power cord into the wireless router and then give power by plugging it into the power outlet.
- -> Wait for around one minute and turn on your computer.
- -> Check the various status lights to verify the successful connection.
- -> Launch an Internet browser and type Routerportal.com in the address bar of the browser. The address bar is on the top of the browser window. Click Enter.
- -> A login screen displays having two fields that are username and password. See the default username and password on the product label located at the bottom of the router.
- -> By default, the router’s username is admin and password is password. Enter these details in the respective fields and press the login button.
- -> Click next. The Setup Wizard will guide you through the instructions to configure the router and to access the Internet.
- -> Click on the Done button to finish this process.
Now, you are successfully connected to the Internet. If you get any problem while setting up the router, see the documentation of your router. You will get some help from there.
Accessing the wireless router again later
If you want to configure your router later on after setting up the router then you have to log in by using the username and password.
Steps to access the router:
- Launch an Internet browser.
- In the address bar, enter Routerportal.com or 192.168.1.1 login screen appears. Log in by entering the default credentials.
- By default, the username is admin and password is password. (Both are in lower case)
- Hit enter or click on the login button. The home page of the router displays.
Now you can change different settings of your router. You will get log out from the router if there is no activity for five minutes. You can take help from the Netgear support team for any issues but before that, you have to register your product on their official website . This will take some time of yours. So to save the time, take help from our experts.
If you need any help to change settings of your Netgear router, in setup process or regarding any issue related to your Netgear router login then feel free to contact us. You can contact us through our live chat window given on our website. Our experts are available 24/7 and you will get an instant response from us.
How to troubleshoot Routerportal.com, Routerportal.com login issue
Due to many reasons, users may not be able to access the Routerportal.com login page. In most cases, common reasons are browser cache and IP address problems of network.
In order to solve out your problems follow the below steps to gain access to your router admin page:
1. Make sure that you are using the correct user name, and password.
The web address should be: Routerportal.com
User Name should be admin and Password should be also admin (default password)
2. If you are receiving an error when with web address Routerportal.com, clear your browser cache.
3. If still facing issues you can also use your router IP address (http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1) to gain access to the login page instead of Routerportal.com addresses.
4. If you are still in problem with the router login page try to access it using wired connections i.e Ethernet connection.
5. If you have multiple networks connections at the same time, such as wired and wireless, VPN in that case the router login page may not work so be careful about it also.
6. Temporarily disable pop-up blockers, firewalls, and ad blocking software to see if any of these are causing access issues to the router login user name and password pop-up or try with Power off your router, modem, and devices for at least 10 seconds and then power on it.
7. You need to perform a factory reset of the router if If problem remain continuous and none of the above steps work .
8. Now login into your router using the information in above step 1.
9. Be ensure your firmware is up to date in order to prevent from further login issues, .